Cargo is a Namekian and the 109th son of Grand Elder Guru. He lived with and was incredibly close (and looks nearly identical) to his older brother Dende. His name is a pun on "escargot".
BiographyEditCargo lived with Moori and Dende when Frieza had his henchmen, which included Dodoria and Zarbon, attacked their village for their Dragon Ball. Cargo witnessed several Namekian fighters defeat Frieza's men then saw the fighters sadistically killed by Dodoria. Moori told Cargo and Dende to run away from him. As Moori prepared to attack, he was surpised by a blast that Zarbon shot, and that passed him by, killing Cargo instantly. Cargo was later revived along with the other Namekians (thanks to Mr. Popo's wish made to Shenron) and then teleported to Earth thanks to Dende's third wish to Porunga. He went with the rest of the Namekians to New Namek. In the manga he only apperd on book 5 pages 163-177 and book 6 pages 8-41.
Video Game AppearancesEdit
In Dragon Ball Z: Legend of the Super Saiyan, Cargo (renamed Emih) hides in an earthenware jar in one of the house south of Moori's village while Frieza attacks the village. He will join your party if you find him.
- Japanese Dub: Tomiko Suzuki (Dragon Ball Z) and Satomi Sato (Dragon Ball Z Kai)
- Ocean Group Dub: Cathy Weseluck
- FUNimation Dub: Stephanie Nadolny (Dragon Ball Z) and Cynthia Cranz (Dragon Ball Z Kai)
- It is unknown why Cargo's killer was changed from Frieza in the original manga to Dodoria in the anime.
- In the Ocean Dub, Cargo's death is cut out as part of the massive cut back on death and violence made for the American dub. Instead, Dodoria's beam is seemingly aimed at Moori and Krillin states "That was close", implying that somehow Dodoria missed Moori. Additionally, Dodoria says to Dende "Your brother may have escaped, but not you!", further adding to the illusion that Cargo survived. Cargo is not seen after this and it is implied that he escaped and the characters later talk as if Cargo is still alive.