|Alternate names||Great Saiyaman 2|
Great Saiyaman Mark II
|Debut||Manga: "Herculopolis High"|
Anime: "Gohan Goes to High School"
|Date of birth||Age 756 (Age 757 according to the Super Perfect Guide)|
|Date of death||Age 774 (revived)|
439 East District
|Allegiance||Z Fighters (supporter)|
Videl (ビーデル, Bīderu) is a Human, daughter and only child of Mr.Satan, who is very protective of her, especially in respect to boys. Videl is an anagaram of devil. She grew up learning martial arts hoping to be as great as her father, although, unknown to herself she was already better and stronger than him. She is shown to be a tough, tomboyish, determined character, raised with fame all around her. In keeping with the name puns of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z, her name is an anagram of 'Devil'; since her father's original name is Mr. Satan (Hercule in edited dub and in Viz's bigs censored manga, giving it the "A for all ages" label). She later becomes the wife of Gohan and mother of Pan. After blackmailing Gohan to enter the tournament and teach her the Levitate technique (using Ki energy to fly), she gradually starts to fall in love with him, for his kind and honest heart. They had married and had a child. Pan was the name. Pan carries Videl's nature of not giving up.
Meeting The Great Saiyaman
Main article: Great Saiyaman SagaIn her spare time, Videl helps the police and fights crime in Satan City. She becomes suspicious of Gohan after meeting him on his first day at Orange Star High School, and she even follows him for a brief time to learn more about him. Videl eventually discovers Gohan’s secret identity as the Great Saiyaman: in the manga, she very easily tricks Gohan into revealing his identity after stopping some thugs (she asks the Great Saiyaman how he left class, and he answered her, revealing that he was actually Gohan), in the anime, she discovers that Gohan is the Great Saiyaman after she and Gohan are involved in an attempt to return Chobi, a baby pteranodon, to its rightful parents. In both cases, she gets him to teach her how to fly using a blackmail-type of threat. In a matter of days, Videl learns how to fly, and starts to develop a liking for Gohan. She even cut her hair one day after he had suggested it (though she initially thought he just liked girls with short hair, he explained that long hair will only get in the way during a fight). There was an awkward moment when Chi-Chi asks Gohan whether he is going to marry Videl, which embarrasses him while Videl laughs. Despite the relentless teasing from friends (such as Krillin), Videl and Gohan develop a sweet kind of relationship.
The World TournamentVidel becomes much stronger than she was before, and enters the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament. Videl goes up against Spopovich. She quickly gains the upper hand, even breaking Spopovich's neck, though he repairs it. Soon the tables turn against her as Spopovich keeps getting back up after her attacks. Videl becomes tired and Spopovich takes advantage by beating her around the ring with series of punches to the stomach and head. Despite the fact that Videl saw that she was losing the match, she refused to give up. For his enjoyment Spopovich steps on Videl's head. Videl got seriously hurt. He pushed down on it until Videl is brought to tears. Gohan rushes to her when Yamu tells Spopovich to end the match because he will be disqualified if he kills her. He kicks her out of the ring. Gohan carries her to the infirmary, where he returns later to heal her with a Senzu Bean. She thanks him for it, though Mr. Satan freaks out, suspicious of the boy, insisting she be checked up for poisoning because he is protective of her.
The Evil Wizard, Babidi
When she sees Gohan in mortal danger from a ki drain from Yamu and Spopovich she tries to save him from an opponent she has no chance of beating, and is stopped only by being physically restrained by Goku. She readily believes Gohan after he confesses he was both the mysterious Gold Fighter who appeared before Saiyaman and the golden-haired boy at the Cell Games seven years ago, and, having suspected that her father was not telling the truth, comes to the conclusion that he beat Super Perfect Cell. She initially wants to come and help with the fight, but realising that the enemy is beyond her league in all categories, decides to turn back, stating "You better come back, cause I'm not finished with you yet, Gohan."
The Ancient Monster, Majin BuuVidel goes with the group to look for the Dragon Balls. She later takes refuge with the group on Kami's lookout where hearing about Gohan's supposed death at the hands of Majin Buu, she breaks down crying and confesses her love for him. While everyone presumes Gohan dead, she's the only one who is convinced that he still lives, somehow sensing that fact. A day later, when Super Buu attacks Kami's Lookout looking for the fighter Goku promised him, Piccolo manages to persuade him to not kill them by telling him that Videl is Mr. Satan's daughter, later explaining to Videl that Mr. Satan nearly succeeded in convincing Buu to change his ways. Ultimately, when Gotenks fails to stop Buu, she, along with everyone else at the lookout, is turned into chocolate and eaten.
The Final Battle, Wife and MotherhoodIn an anime-exclusive filler only, she ends up in heaven and searches for Gohan, along with Dabura, Chi-Chi and Bulma, but they cannot find him. However, even though she is dead, Videl is convinced that Gohan is still alive. This commitment to Gohan convinces the once evil Dabura that he is in the presence of true love, a feeling he never knew before, which embarrasses Videl since Chi-Chi is present. She doesn't know that Gohan passes away when Kid Buu annihilates Earth. After both she and Gohan come back to life and they meet again, Videl is happy at seeing 'the big jerk' again. Later, she becomes Gohan's partner in fighting crime as The Great Saiyaman II (alternately known as Saiyawoman or Saiyagirl), sporting a similar outfit and participating in the same poses she earlier found ridiculous. Some years later she eventually marries Gohan, giving birth to a daughter named Pan. She attends the 28th World Martial Arts Tournament to cheer on her family and friends at the end of the Dragon Ball Z series.
Search for the Black Star Dragon Balls
The Evil Parasite, Baby
The Ultimate Android, Super 17
The Evil Shadow Dragons
Dragon Ball Z Movies
Broly - Second Coming
Power and Special Abilities
- Ki Blast: The most basic form of energy wave.
- Head Scissors Rush: A rush attack used during Videl's fight against Gohan as Great Saiyaman when he tried to return Chobi, a babypteranodon, to its parents.
- Desperado Rush: A rush attack used by Videl against Broly in the movie Dragon Ball Z: Broly - Second Coming.
- First Strike: The kick Videl used to break Spopovitch's neck during the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament.
- Eagle Kick: One of Videl's techniques in the Budokai series.
- Kick-Slap: A rush attack used by Videl when she fought Spopovich in the World Martial Arts Tournament.
- Videl Rush: An attack used by Videl during her match against Spopovitch in the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament. Also known as Justice Countdown.
- Justice Rush 2: One of Videl's Blast 2 as Great Saiyawoman in theBudokai Tenkaichi series.
- Justice Judgment: A team attack used by Videl as Great Saiyawoman with Gohan as Great Saiyaman in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Videl's Close Call: A team attack used by Videl with Gohan's help comes to help her, in the Budokai series and where Gohan cames to save her.
- Bear Blowthrough
- Hawk Arrow: One of Videl's techniques in the Budokai series. Also known as Justice Hawk.
- High Speed Rush: One of Videl's Blast 2 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Afterimage Strike: One of Videl's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series and the Raging Blast series. Also used as Great Saiyawoman.
- Super Unyielding Spirit: One of Videl's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Justice Finishing Pose 2: One of Videl's Blast 1 as Great Saiyawoman in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Flight: Videl uses ki to fly.
Great Saiyaman 2
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 (With Great Saiyawoman costume and moveset as a transformation)
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (With Great Saiyawoman costume and moveset as a transformation)
- Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team
- Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World (With Great Saiyawoman as a different character. Her Super Attacks as Great Saiyawoman are the same as Videl, just with 'Justice' names instead. Her ultimates are not the same)
- Dragon Ball Z: Buu's Fury (For one fight only)
- Super Dragon Ball Z
- Dragon Ball: Raging Blast
- Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2
- Japanese dub: Yūko Minaguchi
- Ocean Group dub: Moneca Stori (DBZ); Jennifer Holder (DBGT)
- FUNimation dub: Kara Edwards (DBZ); Lucy Small (DBGT); Brina Palencia (Super Dragon Ball Z)
- Latin American dub: Carola Vázquez
- Filipino & Visayan dubs: Filipina Pamintuan
- Italian Dub: Cinzia Massironi; Federica De Bortoli
- Videl enjoys Caesar salad and Okonomiyaki, a type of Japanese pancake.
- Videl is left handed, as seen in episode 200 when she pitches a baseball with her left hand.
- Her car, as seen in the introduction, has "666" written on the side of it, in further relation to the Satanic references (her name being an anagram for "Devil" and her father's name being Mr. Satan).
- It is unknown where or who her mother is, although Videl does mention her during one episode saying her mother is "gone" (in the English manga, Videl stated that her mother had died).
- Videl and her mother-in-law Chi-Chi have a couple of things in common with each other. Both are powerful Martial Artists (though not as strong as their husbands or children) who have fought in the World Tournament at some point both were raised by their wealthy fathers.
- During the World Martial Arts Tournament, when the spectators are shown cheering, there is a sign nearby, saying "Bidel" with a "B" instead of a "V". To make further mistakes, in later episodes another sign is shown, saying "Beedel".
- Videl has the distinction of being first World Martial Arts Tournament Junior Division champion. This makes her the first and only known female Martial Arts Champion of any Tournament (or Division).
- Videl's hairstyle after she got a haircut looks very similar to Fasha's.
- In the 1990s edition of the spanish manga, her name is written as "Biddle".